Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New user. Costco subscription and videos disappearing from Library.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the video doorbell from Costco which includes 1 year of Arlo Smart Service.  Installed on the evening of 12/8 and my account showed "no subscription".  I was also having trouble with videos disappearing from my Library.  I called Costco about the subscription but they did not know anything about a code that should have been on my receipt (there was none) and also said I wasn't the first to ask about it.  I used the Arlo Chat Support regarding the videos disappearing, was advised to restart the camera, at which point the videos were then back in the Library.  Toward the end of the day on 12/9 my account showed an active subscription, expiring 12/2021, so all seemed OK.  Last night, most (but not all) the videos disappeared from my Library again.  I restarted the doorbell again and tested a manual recording which showed in the Library.  Today, 12/10, my account again shows that I have no active Arlo Smart plan, and all of the videos are now gone from the Library.  I also tested pressing the button on the doorbell, a person was detected at the door and the manual chime sounded in my house.  But my phone did not receive a call.  

Device hardware is AVD1001Ar1.2

Firmware:  1.14.0.0_721_bb2ff33_ee8f2f0

5 REPLIES 5
ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, today my account shows a subscription again.  Videos were recording and building up in the library.  Now all the videos are gone again.  The service or servers for this product seem very unreliable, unless there's something else going on.  I'm going to keep an open mind for now since so many other aspects seem well done.  Hopefully, it's just growing pains.  But I'm not going to keep this video doorbell if it keeps up.  Hopefully, someone from Arlo will respond with either a solution or answer as to why this is happening.  Not impressed for the first couple of days.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ScottyK,

When you're viewing the library, make sure no filters are enabled that would be hiding the saved content. Are you still experiencing the same behavior?

JamesC

ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

No filters are applied.  Videos are appearing/disappearing erratically from my library.  This morning, I had one from last night only and I approached the doorbell while shoveling snow to be sure the LED's showed that it was registering motion.  LEDs acted appropriately.  That recorded video eventually showed in my library but now there is only the one video from last night again.

I do have a Google WiFi mesh system.  Are there known issues with these types of WiFi setups?  The newer mesh systems don't really separate the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands in the usual way.  That shouldn't explain why anything would disappear from the cloud-stored library, though.

ScottyK
Aspirant
Aspirant

We had someone ring the doorbell just a bit ago.  My phone rang but I was not able to look at it nor answer.  There is no recording in my library.  Wife was home and confirmed doorbell rang for a delivery.  I checked on my phone and also signed in online using MS Edge browser.  I restarted the camera (again) and re-tested a manual recording which is in the library.  Why are the videos not in the library?  Is this common?  Pretty much defeats a big part of the purpose for this device. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ScottyK,

if you're able to get manual recordings in the library, you should also be seeing triggered recordings. I recommend that you contact the Arlo Support team and open a ticket to further investigate and troubleshoot the issue you're experiencing: Arlo Support

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation