Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My wired doorbell won't read the QR code

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vonava
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

Just bought my house and it has Arlo video-door bell and  cameras. I am trying to set up the wired doorbell and sync with my wifi and phone but the doorbell won't read the QR code. Any suggesting or help will be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vonava
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello jguerdat, 

I found another conversation here with the Arlo-Community where they suggest to take the Arlo off the bracket, there is a tiny pin hole between the wires, press with a wire paper clip in there and hold for 10 seconds to reboot the Arlo Doorbell. It did work, now my door bell is connected to my wifi/cell phone and working. I greatly appreciate your help and suggestions, 

Best regards

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/QR-code-won-t-scan/td-p/1750241

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, did the previous owner remove the doorbell and cameras from their account? 

Can you pinch zoom the QR code when trying to read it? Sometimes taking a picture of the code and printing it out works better.

vonava
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello jguerdat, 

I found another conversation here with the Arlo-Community where they suggest to take the Arlo off the bracket, there is a tiny pin hole between the wires, press with a wire paper clip in there and hold for 10 seconds to reboot the Arlo Doorbell. It did work, now my door bell is connected to my wifi/cell phone and working. I greatly appreciate your help and suggestions, 

Best regards

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Video-Doorbell/QR-code-won-t-scan/td-p/1750241

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation