My Arlo Video Doorbell is getting quite hot

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
EmmaR
Follower
Follower
Before connecting my doorbell I contacted technical support because I didn't have a pre-existing installation but had a transformer that supplied 24V and 10A, and asked if this was too much current but they told me it was ok, I connected it to test it and everything ran well but got really warm to the touch in probably 1 or 2 minutes.
Is this normal? Has anyone tried an installation with this much current? Isn't this damaging in the long run?
1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@EmmaR wrote:
Before connecting my doorbell I contacted technical support because I didn't have a pre-existing installation but had a transformer that supplied 24V and 10A, and asked if this was too much current but they told me it was ok, I connected it to test it and everything ran well but got really warm to the touch in probably 1 or 2 minutes.
Is this normal? Has anyone tried an installation with this much current? Isn't this damaging in the long run?

The current rating is the max that the transformer can safely deliver - not the amount it always delivers.   My transformer has a higher VA rating, and works ok.

But something sounds wrong if the doorbell is getting hot.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation