Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My AVD1001 will not progress through the setup

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BG6602
Follower
Follower

My AVD1001 will not progress through the setup process. I’m also unable to factory reset the device. All the doorbell will do is flash white - 1 sec. white flash, 2 sec. off, 1 sec. white flash.

It will not connect to Wi-Fi, it will not chime, it will not scan the QR code, etc.

There seems to be NO option in the posted support articles and NO way to speak with support. (I can’t subscribe to support because I haven’t registered a device; I can’t register my device because I can’t install my device; I can’t install and setup my device because I can’t access support.

I’m incredibly frustrated and will be returning for a refund soon.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How have you performed the reset? You have to hold the reset button for >15 seconds until the ring starts flashing.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

If still not working, the fastest thing is to swap at the store.

Danhodo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve swapped mine for another and got the same thing. Set up starts ok then the lights go out and nothing. Won’t reset either.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Danhodo,

This could be a symptom of the doorbell not receiving enough power. Check your transformer to make sure the correct voltage is being supplied to the doorbell: How do I measure the voltage of my doorbell transformer?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation