Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple Video Doorbell to Single 30V transformer

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jrcarew
Follower
Follower

I currently have one Arlo Video Doorbell running from my 30V transformer (reads 20V with a multimeter at the contacts on the transformer).
Is it possible to run a second Arlo Video Doorbell from the same transformer? Is there any risk in testing by installing the second arlo video doorbell on the same transformer to see if it would work? Has anyone installed two doorbells on the same transformer?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jrcarew wrote:

I currently have one Arlo Video Doorbell running from my 30V transformer (reads 20V with a multimeter at the contacts on the transformer).

That's rather odd, since the voltage is determined by the ratio of the coil windings inside the transformer - and that can't change.  Is it possible that you are misreading the power spec (30 VA) as volts???

@jrcarew wrote:

Has anyone installed two doorbells on the same transformer?

I have two doorbells installed (and also two mechanical chimes).  The front doorbell chimes once (on both chimes), the back doorbell chimes twice (on both chimes).  Everything runs off the same transformer.

That setup requires using two power modules - which I've installed on the same chime (though I could have done that differently).

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation