Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection not recording or alerting

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
EricThi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello all,

I installed the video doorbell a couple days ago and this is my first Arlo product. Doorbell works fine and I get notifications and video/sound when someone rings or when i go to live view but I am not getting motion alerts or recordings from motion. I see the doorbell detects motion by the LED but dont get any alerts. I have seen other people mention to make sure the Mode is armed, however in my app I do not have the Mode tab. When I log onto the website, I see the Mode tab but when the video doorbell gets selected as the device no options show up to show the current mode or to change it.

I have opened a ticket with Arlo support a couple days ago but no response yet. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricThi,

Try removing your doorbell and reonboarding.

Navigate to Settings > My Devices > Arlo Video Doorbell > Remove

The doorbell should automatically factory reset. After the device has been removed, log back in to your Arlo account go through the onboarding process again. Test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricThi,

Are you logging in using the primary account or are you using an account that has been granted access?

JamesC

EricThi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the account I did the setup with (I guess that's the main account)
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

EricThi,

Try removing your doorbell and reonboarding.

Navigate to Settings > My Devices > Arlo Video Doorbell > Remove

The doorbell should automatically factory reset. After the device has been removed, log back in to your Arlo account go through the onboarding process again. Test to see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

datadrifter
Tutor
Tutor

I get alerts but no recordings and I am the primary account user.

EricThi
Aspirant
Aspirant

So this did seem to fix it.  I'm surprised that a hardware reset and re-adding the doorbell made the option available in the app and website but it did!  

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation