Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Motion Notification

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Just install the Arlo wired doorbell and got everything working. On problem, I don't get a push notification on my phone when someone approached my door and they are in the active zone. I think I have all setting correct. Also, the 30 day Secure Trial is Active.

2 REPLIES 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also, the settings options to enable push notifications described in the user manual are not anywhere in my Arlo App. I have been through every option on the app and nothing about push notifications. I bought this doorbell so that I can get notification when people are approaching my door.  I have been fooling around with this thing for several hours now and I am about ready to uninstall it and return it to Best Buy.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You may be looking at old documentation which would explain not finding things where they should be. In those FAQs, there's a link near the top for the latest docs for the new user interface (UI) that uses Feed to view recordings as opposed to the old Library. The current app supports both UIs but new users only get the new one.

Assuming you're using the new UI, go to Routines and edit the appropriate mode. Click on the camera of interest and check the settings of Send Notification. Push notifications are enabled by default. Also check the phone settings for the app to ensure notifications are enabled.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation