Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
toddbe
Initiate
Initiate

There are two places to adjust the motion detection:

1- Under Devices, Device Settings, Device Utilities, Motion Test

2- Under Mode, Doorbell, Armed, Rules, If Motion on Doorbell, Doorbell, Motion is Detected, Motion Sensivity

Why two settings, which one sets the right value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion test is just for testing during setup to give an idea where to set #2... and to be honest, I've never used it.

The adjustment level for sense you want to change is in the MODE... most of my cameras ( arlo, pro,pro2, ultra ) all run at about 90-92%.  ( with a custom mode lower for like windy days when it's set at about 75% )

Increase the sense about 1-2% at a time and then test for a day or so... you want max detection with min false triggers

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion test is just for testing during setup to give an idea where to set #2... and to be honest, I've never used it.

The adjustment level for sense you want to change is in the MODE... most of my cameras ( arlo, pro,pro2, ultra ) all run at about 90-92%.  ( with a custom mode lower for like windy days when it's set at about 75% )

Increase the sense about 1-2% at a time and then test for a day or so... you want max detection with min false triggers

Morse is faster than texting!
toddbe
Initiate
Initiate

I have it at 40% on my doorbell.  My cameras are at 80%.  A ton of false alerts at anything above 40%....

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation