Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
adohlen
Aspirant
Aspirant

First of all, thanks for making a great product. So far it has been excellent and I am very pleased. I recently expanded my 3 Ultra Wi-Fi cameras and purchased a video doorbell. The biggest problem I have now is that I cannot have my video doorbell be on 24/7 mode and the other 3 cameras only at night. All cameras are connected to my smart hub and my smarthub can have multiple modes, but only one can be active at a time. I obviously do not want to add my video doorbell to my Wi-Fi directs since I lose storage capability and I really dont want to change modes several times a day. It would be great if you could provide and option to have modes active at certain times, or assign individual cameras to schedules. Right now, modes and schedules are assigned at the smart hub level and each schedule goes for all cameras. When I create several modes, only one can be active....I think that is a shortcoming o

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adohlen,

You need to create the custom modes, and then input them into your schedule. The rules in the custom mode will determine which cameras are active and the schedule can be used to determine what mode is active at the desired times. The article linked above walks you through step by step for creating a schedule.

JamesC

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adohlen,

If you want one (or more) specific cameras active at specific times, you need to utilize custom modes with the schedule feature. Create a custom mode and include only rules for cameras you want to be active within that mode and then schedule that custom mode in the desired time frame.

For more information on how to do this, take a look at these articles:

How do I create a mode with different rules for each Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

How can I set a schedule for my camera in my Arlo account?

JamesC

adohlen
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no way I can have 2 modes active at the same time. I can either have a video doorbell mode activated which triggers on motion or I can have a scheduled but not the combination of the two. All devices are connected to my smarthub and I can have 1 mode active per hub. I dont want to switch between modes and really dont want to buy a second hub. I would like to 2 modes active, mode 1 with doorbell on schedule all day, mode 2 with all other cameras on at night. Or, be able to assign specific cameras within a schedule to different times. - I also dont want to remove the doorbell from my hub because I will lose recording and storage capability.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adohlen,

Correct. Only one mode can be active at a time. You need to create a custom mode and include rules for cameras you want to be active during desired time frame A and a second custom mode with rules you want to be active during desired time frame B.

JamesC

adohlen
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC, that defeats the purpose if I have to switch between modes...also, if you could explain how to use a schedule in a customer mode that be helpful because the iOs app only allows to trigger on motion or audio...not schedule for custom modes.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

adohlen,

You need to create the custom modes, and then input them into your schedule. The rules in the custom mode will determine which cameras are active and the schedule can be used to determine what mode is active at the desired times. The article linked above walks you through step by step for creating a schedule.

JamesC

adohlen
Aspirant
Aspirant

The "adding mode to schedule" part was what I was missing. Thanks so much!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation