Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Firbeldoink
Follower
Follower
I’ve never had security cameras and recently tried a smart lock and discovered it worked on 2.4 ghz WiFi only. I have xfinity xb3 WiFi modem router and 3 xFi xpods creating a mesh dual band network in home. The lock did not work on dual band mesh network. Will arlo products work on a dual band mesh network ? If not what would you recommend?
3 REPLIES 3
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Firbeldoink wrote:
Will arlo products work on a dual band mesh network ?

Arlo Pro 3 does not use your local wifi network. It has its own hub that you plug into your router.

The hub then communicates with cameras on a dedicated wifi network that nothing else can use.

The app that you install on a mobile device does not care what wifi band it uses.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firbeldoink wrote:
Will arlo products work on a dual band mesh network ? If not what would you recommend?

@michaelkenward gave you part of the answer (covering cameras that connect to a base station).

Arlo also has some cameras that connect to your home wifi network w/o a base.  They do use 2.4 ghz (which has more range).  They will work with a dual band mesh, though sometimes people have had some trouble on-boarding them.

I have an Orbi mesh (RBK50), and had no trouble on-boarding the video doorbell.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@StephenB wrote:

@Firbeldoink wrote:
Will arlo products work on a dual band mesh network ? If not what would you recommend?

@michaelkenward gave you part of the answer (covering cameras that connect to a base station).

I gave the answer for the cameras listed in the footer on the first message.

It said Arlo Pro 3 Wire-Free Camera.

I decided not to confuse the matter with other devices.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation