Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library recordings

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RKLimes
Tutor
Tutor
Recordings are stored as expected on motion, but when someone rings the doorbell that event is not saved. What's going on here?
Most recently i get a notification that a person is approaching, i see the images in the notification, they ring the doorbell, i decline the call, afterwards there is no recording.
Also when someone rings the Doorbell, on my phone i only see a blank blue screen with answer or decline. Should this not show a live feed??
Have i become a beta tester here? I'm unimpressed overall with the software side of this device
2 REPLIES 2
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the camera set to Armed > Record a a video? 

Also, you will not see a live stream when the phone rings until the call is answered. 

RKLimes
Tutor
Tutor

It's armed, ya.  I've increased the sensitivity, and I'll monitor it's behaviour more closely going forward.

Being able to see who is at the door is useful for making a decision on whether talking to them is necessary or desired.

Smart notification, and animated preview are both on but these are difficult to see/access when the device is locked and the call is actively ringing.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation