Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Landscape pinch to zoom issues

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Darkmatter83
Guide
Guide
Hi there, I am have been having pinch to zoom issues after a update last year. The issue is not in the live video view as I can zoom into the clip and it takes up my whole screen which is great and how it should work. The issue is on the stored video clips, when I open one of those and rotate my phone screen to landscape I cannot pinch to zoom to see the clip across my whole screen. Instead I am stuck with a clip in the centre of my screen that I can zoom in on, but no further then the black bars on either side that I will show in a pic. I use to be able to pinch to zoom filling the entire screen but not anymore after a update. Curious if others are having this issue and or is Arlo intending for it to be this way. Makes viewing rather difficult.
29D9C564-24E1-41DE-9591-9FF5D32BA093.png
2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Darkmatter83 wrote:
The issue is on the stored video clips, when I open one of those and rotate my phone screen to landscape I cannot pinch to zoom to see the clip across my whole screen. Instead I am stuck with a clip in the centre of my screen that I can zoom in on, but no further then the black bars on either side that I will show in a pic.

I see that with iOS also with the doorbell - the image frame remains square when you zoom in.  Personally I don't recall it working any other way - though I don't generally need to zoom the doorbell video, so I could easily be wrong on that.

Of course most of the other cameras are 16:9, so they don't have that issue - they fill the screen immediately when you switch to landscape.

Darkmatter83
Guide
Guide
Hi there. Ya so the issue I have is that it use to work where pinch to zoom filled the entire screen. So why take the feature away or are they not aware it got removed. Being able to see your clips across your entire screen just makes sense and makes it easier to see. If the live view has this why not make it Available again on the video clips?
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation