Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
danytuck123
Follower
Follower

After using the camera for a couple of months, the recordings that take place at night started having this green box and I'm not sure how to fix it. This only happens to recordings that take place at night. And in some cases the smaller box that shows the video, is also green so there is no way to view the recording. If I watch the live feed, there is no green box, so this only happens to recordings. I restarted the camera and that fixed it momentarily, but then it went back to this. Any ideas on what to do?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots and links to videos so we can see.

san408
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue.  Has there been a explanation given?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, screenshots?

san408
Aspirant
Aspirant
Screenshot
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting. The "insert" is zoomed out while the rest of the image appears zoomed in. Are you using pinch zoom for the camera in the Video Settings section of the doorbell settings? If not, a power cycle may help.

Minn12
Guide
Guide

I also have the same problem. When I play back recordings made at night, the same split screen and green boxes appear.  But oddly, when I play the same 'green box' videos the next day, they are fine. It would seem there is some problem with night recordings that somehow get corrected after more time has passed.  Very odd, but definitely there is a glitch happening.  

Minn12
Guide
Guide

OK, I have figured out what is happening with the 'green box/split screen' issue with night recordings. See the post above with a screen shot of the problem.  The issue is that when playing back night time recordings on a cell phone, the video replay has a large green box obscuring the video and the screen is split. It's very annoying. 

I discovered that when replaying the same video on my PC desktop computer, there is no green box problem or split screen. I have an iPhone 8 so it appears the problem only occurs with replaying night time recordings on the cell phone.  The videos are fine on my PC.

ARLO- PLEASE INVESTIGATE AND TEST THIS PROBLEM TO COME UP WITH A SOLUTION FOR IPHONE USERS!

san408
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got mine fixed. Go to the video settings. When you open this you will see the video your camera is seeing. Zoom it out as far as it will go. Fixed my issue. Good catch by the tech that answered my message. Thanks for the help.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation