Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

INSTALL ARLO WIRED DOORBELL - CANT HIRE ELECTRICIAN — PLEASE HELP

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ratman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

RED WIRE - AC

WHITE WIRE - AC

YELLOW WIRE - COM

BLUE WIRE - FRONT

HOW DO I CONNECT ARLO POWER KIT TO THIS SETUP?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ratman1 wrote:

RED WIRE - AC

WHITE WIRE - AC

YELLOW WIRE - COM

BLUE WIRE - FRONT

HOW DO I CONNECT ARLO POWER KIT TO THIS SETUP?

What chime model do you have?  Have you looked for an installation guide for the chime - that usually explains the wiring.

"COM" is a bit concerning here, as Arlo doorbells aren't compatible with intercom systems.  

Ratman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was a gift from parents 20 years ago when we built the house. Long since gone is the manual. It’s the common (also called neutral) wire to the AC power system.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ratman1 wrote:

It was a gift from parents 20 years ago when we built the house. Long since gone is the manual. It’s the common (also called neutral) wire to the AC power system.

Is there a model number inside the the chime?

Typically a traditional chime has three wires - front, rear, and transformer.  The power kit goes between front and transformer for the front doorbell, or rear and transformer for the rear doorbell.

Yours is different, and that might be because the chime has an integrated transformer.  If you have a meter, check the voltage on the AC lines (to common).  See if it is between 16 and 24 volts.

Ratman1
Aspirant
Aspirant

No numbers that I can find. AC 1 to neutral voltage is 18v. AC2 to neutral is 9V. Both measured on digital voltmeter.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ratman1 wrote:

No numbers that I can find. AC 1 to neutral voltage is 18v. AC2 to neutral is 9V. Both measured on digital voltmeter.

Try measuring the voltage at the existing doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation