Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
NCNative
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t login to the app. I can login to my account via the website just fine. I have reset my password, deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing works
5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Regards the mobile app, had this just stopped working or was it a first time use? The login requires 2fa for new devices to be trusted, check in your arlo account under settings, profile, login settings, two step verification for the trusted device list.
NCNative
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just started in the last few days. I have had Arlo doorbell for about 2 years I think and this is the first time it’s happened. I can login on the web no problem. The app just gives me an error message. Deleting and reinstalling doesn’t help. Resetting the password doesn’t help.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Ok, so to clarify, you have been using the mobile app, iOS or android?, and a few days ago you started getting an error message, what did the message say? That prevents you logging in to your account.

Does the error occur when the mobile is switched to cellular only or wifi only or both.

Have you tried restarting the mobile device, then reinstalling the app again?
NCNative
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using the IOS version. the problems occur on Wi-Fi and just cellular. The error says (in a red banner at top) “an error has occurred try again”. I have uninstalled the app rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app, changed my password. Nothing works. Don’t have any problems logging into the Arlo website, I don’t have trouble logging into any other app, just the Arlo app.
Dannybear
Master
Master
Something else to try, stab in the dark, to remove the phone’s 2fa from the arlo account settings, profile, login settings, two factor verification, trusted device list and login again on the phone and approve using the email method.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation