Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hubby and Wife with emergency access

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Gluefactory
Follower
Follower

Hi All, I installed 2 wired video doorbells and while doing so, wife signed up for front door, and I signed up the back door (jumped the gun we were so excited!). So- she has the front on her phone and I have the back. Well, the trials over and I get that one of us should disconnect from one, and then sign up for the account, add both doorbells to whomever, and then add spouse as a "friend", I get that. My only question is, can either one of us- either the acct holder or the "friend", contact emergency services? Do I have to get the upgraded acct for emergency services? Just want to make sure that if I hold the acct and am away traveling, my wife can call emergency services (God forbid) from her phone as a "friend"? It's not entirely clear. And I'm happy to sign up for the "upgraded" acct if needed, just don't know if I have to. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the primary account has an Arlo Secure Plus subscription with Emergency Response configured, the account that has been Granted Access should also have Emergency Response if it has been shared within the Grant Access settings. For more information, see here: What is the Emergency Response feature and how does it work?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If the primary account has an Arlo Secure Plus subscription with Emergency Response configured, the account that has been Granted Access should also have Emergency Response if it has been shared within the Grant Access settings. For more information, see here: What is the Emergency Response feature and how does it work?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation