Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to stop recording street activity while keeping doorbell active?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Meb94103
Aspirant
Aspirant
I live on a busy city street which means my Arlo Video Doorbell Wireless records all street activity because there is so much motion outside my door. I want to turn off all recording AND STILL have full functionality of the doorbell when pressed - that is, the doorbell initiates a call to my phone and I can see, hear, and communicate with the visitor. How do I do this? When I disarm the doorbell, it also cuts off the ability to be notified when someone presses the doorbell.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

If you go into Mode and select the edit button, you should get a rule that says if motion on doorbell..  Click edit button next to it.  Should see detects motion..  Check Do Nothing below it.

I have the wired doorbell, but the app should be the same

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

In Mode, select doorbell.  Set the rule "if motion detected" then "Do nothing".  It should stop recording.  Not sure about the doorbell press, never tried it.

Seems a waste of what the doorbell is for.  Have you tried turning the sensitivity way down in mode?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While I'm not on a busy street, I do get false triggers from cars. I use a zone that easily excludes the street and am currently using a motion sensitivity setting of 25 which has eliminated almost all such recordings/notifications.

Meb94103
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for sharing - I’m right in a city sidewalk so there’s no zone that doesn’t get hit.
Meb94103
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for sharing - the sensitivity has been set to its lowest setting - this does. It help if there’s a lot of activity in front of the camera. There is no “Do Nothing” for the wireless video doorbell, but I did unclick any options under “If Motion Is Detected” which I’m confirming does simulate Do Nothing. I have Arlo camera so the doorbell camera is superfluous - I need the doorbell functionality to my phone (bypassing the loud existing chime) with two way intercom which I don’t currently have.
jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

If you go into Mode and select the edit button, you should get a rule that says if motion on doorbell..  Click edit button next to it.  Should see detects motion..  Check Do Nothing below it.

I have the wired doorbell, but the app should be the same

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation