Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to stop nuisance alarms?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JESIII
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m receiving way to many motion alarms from cars driving by. The street is probably 50-60 ft away. 
Activity zones are set up to be only 10’ in front of 5he door. 

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you only want notifications from 10 feet out, also reduce your doorbell motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. I use 35% which doesn't eliminate all street recordings but reduces them to a few a day at most.

JESIII
Aspirant
Aspirant
I lowered the sensitivity down 10% about a month ago. Worked for a while and then last weekend I received a motion notification every time a car drive by.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi Jes, please also make sure you use the option 'camera positioning' under 'device utilities' in the camera settings to position the black shaded bar over the street, that way it won't record anything on the street by default to the cloud.

Thanks!

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @jguerdat 

Just curious, when you state you set the cameras to 35% that is just in the camera setting and not in the recording job motion setting?

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can't actually set any sensitivity in the camera settings. The motion detection test is just a test to get you a number. You have to edit your modes and rules to actually control the sensitivity.

JESIII
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation