Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video doorbell - australia

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
arlo28
Follower
Follower
Just want to post my thoughts on this - Ive been a ring video doorbell user for ages, but started using the other Arlo products around the house. When the video doorbell was annouced I was elated! After waiting for a few weeks for delivery, I installed it yestersay, power seemed ok but then overnight I noticed it kept alerting me for tampering until it finally completely died. Checked my transformer at the chime and it is 8-16v, I presumed it would be ok as the top end was within the range. I've reset everything now, but I have not been able to even to get any signal or led indicator back on the unit.

Cannot believe what a waste of money this thing was. Even with the requirements of 16-24v, why couldn't Arlo provided a transformer just like they did for Europe? Seriously - I called Arlo support today and they were completely useless as well. How can you not have a way to boot this up off mains????

I will be returning this and putting my ring doorbell back on.
1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arlo28,

The symptoms you describe are indications of a power issue. It sounds like the voltage your transformer is providing is inconsistent or below the minimum requirements. No LED on the doorbell means the internal battery is depleted and if your transformer isn't providing enough power, it will not be able to recharge the doorbell.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation