Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kelli86
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have a wired doorbell. We have the plug in chime. How do we get these two to work togther? Electrician just installed the wired doorbell. The app requests the type of chime to set up the doorbell, but it doesn’t give an option for the plug in type. ARLO chat says it’s possible, but can’t tell me how. (Enter expletives here). I just want to know if it’s really possible. And how.
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kelli86 wrote:
We have the plug in chime.

What chime do you have? Arlo Chime or Chime 2?  Or something else?

Kelli86
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Stephen,
I have a regular ARLO chime. I salo have the Wired Video Doorbell.
When I’m trying to set up the doorbell in the app, it asks how my chime is set up, and only seems to offer wired or battery chime? I can’t get it past this page since my chime is plug in. When I choose batteries, it says it’s not compatible.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kelli86 wrote:
I have a regular ARLO chime. 

Instructions are here:

Note the original Arlo Chime requires a base station / smarthub.  The Chime 2 doesn't.

Kelli86
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t get my wired video doorbell to even get added in the app. How do I get past the screen that asks how many wires my chime has? Yes this is a question in the process to ADD my video doorbell to my account.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kelli86 wrote:
How do I get past the screen that asks how many wires my chime has? Yes this is a question in the process to ADD my video doorbell to my account.

You don't have a traditional mechanical or digital chime in the doorbell circuit (which is what the question in the onboarding process is referring to).

I haven't onboarded a doorbell in a long time, so I am hazy on the steps in the app.  If there's an option to say you have no chime, then use that. If not, then try making up an answer and moving on.

Many of the screens are informative (showing you where to connect the power kit, etc), and you can just skip through them since the doorbell is already connected.  

In cases where you don't have an existing chime, you don't need the power kit either.  But you should keep it, in case you add a traditional chime in the future.

Kelli86
Aspirant
Aspirant
I appreciate your reply Stephen, but I am well aware I don’t have a traditional chime and obviously if “no chime” was an option I’d choose that to move on in the set up process.

I welcome comments from anyone else out there that has my configuration and/or has experience to move beyond the wires screen for the chime box.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation