Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Feature Request: ability to have audio redirect to BT audio device

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
SCHT
Tutor
Tutor
Today when a caller connect to the phone the only audio is from the phone speaker. Sometime due to situation, you might not want to advertise your conversation with the visitor. I wish if there is effort to look into this feature to be allow the call to be able taken thru headset.
5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SCHT wrote:
Today when a caller connect to the phone the only audio is from the phone speaker. Sometime due to situation, you might not want to advertise your conversation with the visitor. I wish if there is effort to look into this feature to be allow the call to be able taken thru headset.

Are you saying that when the headset is actually connected that the audio is still coming through the speaker?

What phone and headset models are you using?  Does media (video recordings with sound or music) play through the headsets?

If you are running Android, then make sure "media audio" is enabled for the headset (phone bluetooth settings).

SCHT
Tutor
Tutor

That is correct. Bluetooth is connected as media devices.

When the doorbell ring and answered the audio is via the speaker and phone mic. 

Pixel Xl4 + Sony XM4 headset

Video playback is via the bluetooth.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SCHT wrote:

Video playback is via the bluetooth.

bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth for video, so that bit can't be right.

@SCHT wrote:

That is correct. Bluetooth is connected as media devices.

When the doorbell ring and answered the audio is via the speaker and phone mic. 

Pixel Xl4 + Sony XM4 headset

That's odd - been a while since I tested that with my own headset (and I use iOS, so it probably wouldn't be useful). It'd be useful if other Android users (ideally with Pixels) chime in and let us know if they also experience this.

When you livestream the camera, is the audio coming through the headset? 

SCHT
Tutor
Tutor

/quote/ bluetooth doesn't have enough bandwidth for video, so that bit can't be right. /quote/

My mistake for not been clear. I meant was during a video playback or live view the audio is connected via BT headset.

However during a call, the system seem to have trouble knowing a BT headset is ready for the audio.

The Mic however is harder to test and i cant validate if the mic is picking from the BT headset or the phone mic.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SCHT wrote:

The Mic however is harder to test and i cant validate if the mic is picking from the BT headset or the phone mic.

You should be able to tell by walking far enough away from the phone that it's mic won't pick you up.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation