Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fail to Connect

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rakane
Star
Star
I enjoyed my video doorbell, until today when I installed a cable modem and did away with Comcasts modem. I've connected all my other smart devices including my Arlo Pro cameras but cannot get the video doorbell to connect to the wifi. There is plenty of signal, and I hear a chime when going through the setup. I even created my own printed symbol in response to reading on this forum, no luck. I've been working on this for hours. I use a Eero mesh wifi, and it worked fine prior.
Any help would be appreciated. The dootbell is hanging by the wires, inop.
Randy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rakane
Star
Star
I finally received a call from support. They had me establish a guest account on the Eero mesh network, and magically the video doorbell was recognized by the app. The doorbell is now working. No idea why it took the guest network.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Rakane
Star
Star
I can see the video doorbell join the Eero network when I view the Eero app. Using the Arlo app it cannot locate the doorbell. Irritating, especially since it had been working.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rakane,

If your Arlo Video Doorbell was already set up and claimed on your Arlo account, you don't need to use "Add Device" to change the router.

To change your router, log in to your Arlo Mobile app and navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > tap Connect Network > Change Network > follow the on-screen instructions.

Note that your mobile device must be connected to the same network as the Arlo Video Doorbell.

JamesC

Rakane
Star
Star
Way past that.

I deleted the device to start over. Now it will not be seen by your app.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rakane,

If you removed the device, you'll need to factory reset the doorbell before going back through the onboarding process.

Take a look here for those steps: How do I reset my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Rakane
Star
Star
Yes, I've reset the thing 12 times. I can see that it logs into my Arlo mesh network, but the Arlo app will not "see" the camera.

It chimes at the appropriate time, then the app can not "see" the doorbell. It appears to be an issue with your app.
Rakane
Star
Star
Your answer confuses me. Does the video doorbell transmit through a base station or does it communicate through wifi to my router? If router, why would I reset the camera base for my 3 cameras?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rakane,

The Video doorbell doesn't communicate with the base station, it connects directly to your router. Sorry about the confusion, I linked the wrong knowledge base article, this should now be corrected.

If you're still experiencing an issue after factory resetting the doorbell, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Rakane
Star
Star
I called, they told me that someone woukd call back. I've not heard from them. Can you assist by reminding your support team to call?
Your Arlo Case Details
Case Number: 41426460
Created Date: 1/29/2020
Rakane
Star
Star
I finally received a call from support. They had me establish a guest account on the Eero mesh network, and magically the video doorbell was recognized by the app. The doorbell is now working. No idea why it took the guest network.
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation