Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ioamochichi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi!
Our doorbell voicemail prompt is not stuck on Italian even though we changed the Quick Reply language to English. Why is this prompt in Italian?? We need it in English. Literally no one who rings the bell can understand what it’s saying. Help!!
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Might be worth removing the doorbell and re-onboarding it. Also, the language is set by the device being used to onboard it. Is there a chance that multiple languages are installed?

Ioamochichi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for responding. Yes, the phone that was used for the setup is set on Italian (on purpose since the user is native Italian living in US). But it's dumb that that should affect the speaking prompt of the doorbell, especially if we can set the doorbell Quick Reply on English. Are you saying there is no way to change the voicemail prompt to English, while keeping the setup phone in the desired language?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As an English-only speaker, I can't tell you steps that may be useful. Possibly removing the doorbell and use a phone that's set to English to onboard it is the way to go but I'm not sure how that would affect the rest of the system's language settings.  @JamesC or @ShayneS ?

Ioamochichi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. It just seems silly that the doorbell's language settings are not independently set via the Arlo app. I'm sure we are not the only users whose phone is set in a language other than English. Unfortunately, our system has to be set up using that phone. Maybe we can temporarily switch the phone to English, then set up the doorbell again, then switch the phone back to Italian. Again, that's not very convenient, and unclear if that will even work..

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Ioamochichi

I was informed there have been changes for supporting English. Can you reboot your doorbell and app and test again.

Thanks 

Ioamochichi
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works now! There is a slight lag, meaning the first part of the prompt is cut off and start after a couple of words, but it's now in English at least.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation