Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell recording with no motion

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
blunderdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting 01/06/2021, my doorbell suddenly stopped motion detection and started recording throughout the evening. I'm getting numerous clips ranging from 0:15 to 5:00 minutes of an empty doorstep. There is no movement in any of the recordings. As I have not changed any settings, I'm wondering if there was a patch or some kind of update that would cause this.

I have 3 other Arlo cameras and they are working normally - triggered only when motion is detected.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning power off and back on to the doorbell. ALso try removing it from Settings, My Devices and reconnect. As a last resort, try the reset procedure by holding the button for >10 seconds as noted in the reset FAQ here in the support section.

blunderdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last night I moved the sensitivity down to 50 and that stopped the recordings. I would like to get back to were I was so I'll try the suggestions.

jason9869
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have also been having the same issue. It will no continuously record mostly 5:00 clips back to back 24/7 and I do not get notifications when someone is there or actual motion detected. I did try to remove the device and that seemed to be ok for a couple hours, but right back to where it was with continuous recording. My app will show 200+ notifications in the am!! 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation