Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell picking up activity outside of the zone and labeling it as "motion"

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rhys7
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell has recently been giving me alerts for activity outside of the activity zone and labeling them as "motion" even though I am paying for the subscription to get smart notifications. It also did not pick me up when I walked up to the doorbell. I have restarted the doorbell and changed the activity zone multiple times. Additionally the app icon will say that I have 5 or more notifications even though I only had one alert. My phone has the latest update and the app it at its most current version which is 3.5.12 in the app store. Are there any fixes outside of this that I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
wayneph
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue with a brand new doorbell on the initial 3 month "Arlo Smart" trial.  I have an activity zone that covers the yard, but stops before the street.  I am getting Vehicle and/or Motion alerts pretty much any time someone drives by.

That being said, I've been more focused on getting the doorbell to ring without calling me, so I haven't really played with all the new recording settings.  I've had some other Cameras (without Smart) for a few years that have regular detection/recording set up.  I'm still trying to figure out exactly how those settings tie in to Arlo Smart.  I wouldn't mind getting recording ANY time motion is picked up, I just want to have better control over the notifications with Smart and the Activity Zone.

Had your cameras been working previously, and just started having issues, or has it been a problem all along?  (Also still have a couple weeks to send my doorbell back to Amazon if this doesn't look solvable.)

Rhys7
Aspirant
Aspirant

From what I could tell the doorbell camera was working prior to this. It would occasionally picked up the odd vehicle outside of the activity zone, but it was no where near as bad as it is now. The fact that I could walk up to it in the middle of the afternoon and it didn't detect me makes me wonder if it really was working though. Honestly, I have not had a good experience with this doorbell. The delay between when it detects motion and when it notifies me and the delay when talking on the app to someone at the door are really bad. Now I am having an issue with the activity zone and it is not providing me with smart notifications, both of which I am paying a monthly fee for. If I was able to, I would 100% return this doorbell and get a Nest or Ring. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation