Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell not synching with app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
darkarena
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am stuck and your support sucks. I would have purchased premium, but I need a camera for that. I don’t have a camera because it won’t work.

My Arko doorbell is hooked up correctly. I’m connected to my wireless mesh, device connects but app can’t see it. I tried using an extender with 2.4Ghz and same thing. I reset the device and tried both. Same thing. The device is connected and it gets assigned an IP address, but I can discover.

The only thing weird is my network uses a network make of 255.255.254.0. HELP! I may need to return this.
3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@darkarena wrote:

The only thing weird is my network uses a network make of 255.255.254.0.

Do you mean the subnet mask?  Or are you saying that you are using 255.255.254.x addresses on your network?

@darkarena wrote:
My Arlo doorbell is hooked up correctly. I’m connected to my wireless mesh, device connects but app can’t see it. 

Can you try turning off the mesh satellites, and only use the main router's WiFi?  Note you'd turn them back on if pairing is successful.

darkarena
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes network mask. Sorry. Made a typo.

I’ll try turning off the satellites on the mesh, but it didn’t work when I hooked up to my non-mesh network either. Still I’ll try it.
luckyfinch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you get it working? 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation