Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell not recording

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
BCQ
Guide
Guide
I have a wired video doorbell connected through a SmartHub base station. (Ultra camera, too) The doorbell randomly stops recording activity. If the bell is pressed, I get the notification to my phone. It will record if I answer the notification. It will not record if I decline it or do not answer it. It also is not recording motion. I have changed nothing. My plan is active, my settings are set to record video if motion is detected.

From 2/17 -2/23 the doorbell would only record if I answered the phone notification after someone rang the bell.  The 24th, it began recording everything again. It has dropped off two more days now. I have changed nothing.  I have not done anything either before it stopped recording nor to try and fix the issue.  Arlo is stupid expensive.  And while they should be dummy proof, even if I am a dummy, I haven’t changed a single thing with the system. 

If the responses to reset anything, OK. Then what? The point to these things is to surveil when you are not home. I do not check my library with any regularity to alert me that is not working. How would someone reset it if they are away for an extended period?

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BCQ,

If you're using the default "Armed" mode, the doorbell should produce a recording when it detects motion. You could try creating a new custom mode to test if you still experience the same behavior.

If you live stream, are you able to manually record? Does the recording arrive in the library?

JamesC

BCQ
Guide
Guide
Thanks for the reply, JamesC. It is set to default auto. Correct, it should record. The problem is that it randomly, stops/does not record, for days at a time. Including, when the doorbell is pressed. The few times, I have answered the notification, the recording has gone to the library. When I do not answer, there is no recording. Other times it works as advertised. Completely unacceptable.

I do not live stream. I am not even sure I know how to do this. Regardless, it is incredibly frustrating that it is not recording. I have had to reset my devices more than once in the relatively short time that I have been using them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BCQ,

If you're continuing to experience this issue, I encourage you to reach out to the support team here, to investigate further: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

BCQ
Guide
Guide
Thank you, I will.
lcashmack
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently started experiencing strange recordings when motion activated. About 2 weeks ago, it stopped recording short motion activated periods. It used to show a total video time, I.E. 9:56am 0:15 Person. Now i get the time of day, but the duration says something like 362:34:24 Person. When you select that event i essentially get a snapshot and no video.

Cw2000
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having same issue. Arlo, any suggestions?
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation