Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell local storage - nope

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
tinagrims87
Follower
Follower

Arlo isn't clear on this - perhaps someone here can confirm. It appears my other cameras will record to local hub storage just fine and I can view those videos through the Arlo App. It looks like they've gimped the doorbell so that the only way I can view local video from it is to pull off the USB drive and looks via a PC. Is that correct? Basically they're forcing you to buy cloud for no reason. If so, it'll finally give me the motivation to rip out all this over-priced junk. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tinagrims87,

Depending on which base station or SmartHub you're using, the only way to view local recordings may be to eject the storage device and view from a PC.

If you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 SmartHub, you may be able to utilize Direct Storage Access as detailed here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tinagrims87,

Depending on which base station or SmartHub you're using, the only way to view local recordings may be to eject the storage device and view from a PC.

If you have a VMB4540 or VMB5000 SmartHub, you may be able to utilize Direct Storage Access as detailed here: What is Direct Storage Access and how do I use it?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation