Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
brose9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have issues with lighting front entry way. My house faces East. How do I fix this? See picture. 

B8D7A427-818E-4FD3-A623-48494BA3757A.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master

Do you have a pair of polarised sunglasses, place one lens of the glasses over the camera lens and rotate to get the best exposure.

If it does work well enough then look for a suitable polarised lens cover on eBay.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dannybear wrote:

Do you have a pair of polarised sunglasses, place one lens of the glasses over the camera lens and rotate to get the best exposure.

One polarized lens helps with reflections, but not much if the sunlight is direct. The tint in the sunglasses would of course help.  Two back-to-back untinted polarized lenses would also help (and you could create your own with polarized film).  But either approach would darken the image overall.

Do you need to aim the camera directly at the outdoor entrance?  Or could you angle it, so it still covers most of the hall, but avoid the direct sun?

brose9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. This picture is actually not direct sunlight. I can try the angle and let you know.

brose9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. I will try and see if that helps. This picture is not direct sunlight so it is interesting. The picture is East facing and the sun is actually on the other side

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@brose9 wrote:

This picture is not direct sunlight so it is interesting.

Ok.  But the light at the entrance is bright enough to cause the camera to bloom in that part of the image.

Another thing you could try is change the setting for auto HDR, and see if that helps (or hurts).

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation