Doorbell goes offline and comes back only when chime (not Arlo) is power reset

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

My doorbell is on a unit 1000 miles away (a short term rental) so reliability is important.  It is very annoying that it drops out whenever there appears to be a network glitch.  After each WiFi glitch, it goes offline and then only comes back after a power reset (happened by accident after a recent hurricane during which a power glitch occurred and then the doorbell magically just came back online).  Seems there is a lack of resilience in the doorbell software handling of WiFi problems.    

This needs to get fixed in software or I will need to junk this and get another brand.  The ARLO cameras in the same areas have NO issues with reliability and are further from the router.

Either have the software try a reset on its own about once a day when not connected to the WiFi network at least to do the equivalent of the power reset fix.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A UPS for your modem, router (and hub if you have one) is a good investment to fly through all but the longest power outages.

fmk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well that was an obvious but useless reply.  The issue here was not related to a power outage.  It is related to the fact that a network glitch (in this case due to a WAN issue) leaves the doorbell offline.  That would have happened even with a UPS.   So short of installing a power control device in front of the doorbell chime system, I would like a software solution  to this issue as it indeed is a software bug.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation