Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wired Doorbell Won't Connect

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
bcoccia1
Star
Star

I have an Arlo wired video doorbell, purchased in 2020. Worked since I installed it, now it suddenly stopped working. I have tried everything and read through several other threads talking about the same/similar problem, trying all of the things suggested. I updated the firmware and the app says "your firmware is up to date. The base unit is working fine and other cameras are connected and working. I did a reset on the doorbell, but when trying to add the doorbell device through the app it says "Looking for Arlo Video Doorbell" for several minutes then says "No doorbells were found". It's installed correctly, has power, and rings the doorbell inside the house, the app just can't find it. Again it was working before then suddenly lost connection and I can't get it to reconnect. Help please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bcoccia1
Star
Star

SOLVED: I believe I finally solved the mystery. The instructions say to reset the doorbell, THEN go to the Arlo app and add it. Nope, that doesn't work. Every time it just says "no doorbells were found". I finally figured it out. When you push the reset on the door bell the lights flash for several seconds, then stop. I had a feeling this had something to do with it, so I went through the add a device in the app first, got to the screen for syncing the doorbell and stopped. I pushed the reset on the doorbell, then immediately tapped "Continue" in the app while the doorbell was still flashing, and TWO SECONDS LATER "Doorbell found!" My doorbell is now working and I'm getting video through the app.

If anyone else is having trouble getting their doorbell to connect I highly recommend doing this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bcoccia1,

If you reset the doorbell, did you also remove it from the mobile app under Settings > My Devices? If you have not done so, remove the doorbell from the mobile app and then factory reset using these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

After the reset is complete, attempt onboarding again.

JamesC

bcoccia1
Star
Star

what does "on boarding" mean? I removed the device, did the manual reset on the doorbell, went back to the app, "Add New Device", went through the whole process, and when it gets to the end and it says "Looking for Arlo Video Doorbell" for several minutes then says "No doorbells were found"

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bcoccia1,

Onboarding is simply referring to adding the device as if it were new, which is what you've described doing. Are you attempting to add the doorbell to your base station or directly to your home network? Also be sure your mobile device is connected to the 2.4ghz band on your network.

JamesC

bcoccia1
Star
Star

Again, this doorbell device has been working for over a year. The video worked, the doorbell ring worked, I could see the video feed through the app, everything was fine. It just suddenly lost connection. There have been no changes to our router, internet server, no new phones; it just stopped working, and now I can't get it back.

bcoccia1
Star
Star

I'm adding it the exact same way I did the first time, through the phone app. It checks the firmware on the base station and says it is up to date. I have no idea what's wrong

bcoccia1
Star
Star

SOLVED: I believe I finally solved the mystery. The instructions say to reset the doorbell, THEN go to the Arlo app and add it. Nope, that doesn't work. Every time it just says "no doorbells were found". I finally figured it out. When you push the reset on the door bell the lights flash for several seconds, then stop. I had a feeling this had something to do with it, so I went through the add a device in the app first, got to the screen for syncing the doorbell and stopped. I pushed the reset on the doorbell, then immediately tapped "Continue" in the app while the doorbell was still flashing, and TWO SECONDS LATER "Doorbell found!" My doorbell is now working and I'm getting video through the app.

If anyone else is having trouble getting their doorbell to connect I highly recommend doing this.

chadb5646
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem........can't get past the "no doorbells found"! I hope this works because CS has been ZERO help after explaining all of this to them MULTIPLE times! 🙏

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation