Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
bravodelta29
Guide
Guide

As mention in the subject, my video doorbell has decided to continuously send motion alert push notifications every 30 seconds or so.  Anyone else run into this?  Is there a solution to this? 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bravodelta29 wrote:

As mention in the subject, my video doorbell has decided to continuously send motion alert push notifications every 30 seconds or so.  Anyone else run into this?  Is there a solution to this? 

Is there motion that explains those alerts?  

Have you tried reducing the motion sensistivity and/or setting up an activity zone?

bravodelta29
Guide
Guide

Hi Stephen,

Yes I've reduced the sensitivity with the same results.  I've had the doorbell for a year and a half.  It just started doing it.  I'm unable to set up zones.  There's literally nothing walking in front of the camera, however the doorbell is convinced that every 30 seconds something is walking in front of it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bravodelta29 wrote:

I'm unable to set up zones.  

Does this mean you have no subscription?

@bravodelta29 wrote:

There's literally nothing walking in front of the camera, however the doorbell is convinced that every 30 seconds something is walking in front of it.

Definitely odd behavior.  Have you thought about doing a reset? 

bravodelta29
Guide
Guide

Correct.  I find it stupid that I would pay for a subscription service for 1 camera to record videos when my other 4 cameras record for free.  I've reset the doorbell to no avail.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bravodelta29 wrote:

I find it stupid that I would pay for a subscription service for 1 camera to record videos when my other 4 cameras record for free.  

I understand that point of view, but personally I've found the smart notifications and the cloud activity zones to be particularly useful for the doorbells - since the cameras in them cannot be aimed.

But if the motion sensor is repeatedly triggering when there is no motion, then you probably need to contact support.

datadrifter
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same problem. Got 174 alerts yesterday! Just arming the system or on motion alert sets it off and I continue to get an alert every 30 seconds or so. There have been no changes in the system configuration for months. I have reduced the motion sensitivity but it didn't make any difference. What is the fix for this problem?

Sauersd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been experiencing the same issue.  The first time it occurred I removed the device and re-added it to the line up and that seemed to fix it.  However, it is occurring again and removing and re-adding the device does not help.  The wiring is correct and the problem did not begin until about 3 years after purchase.  I am also looking for a solution to the problem.

Regards,

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation