Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell chime AVD - 1001

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
thebigragu
Follower
Follower

I think that I figured out the solution for the chime not ringing on this model. Although you can test the chimes during installation, and they work, the chime does not work if you choose the option "None" (from the instructions), and keep that setting. After following all the community solutions, I decided to try the "Digital" setting, and it works after fully installing. Try that before following all the other solutions from the community. It may save you a lot of time and head-ache/scratching/banging.

7 REPLIES 7
Garlaone
Aspirant
Aspirant

My chime is not working even though I fitted a new chime box.  My app on my phone does not include any chime options.  Do I have the correct app?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Garlaone wrote:

My chime is not working even though I fitted a new chime box.  My app on my phone does not include any chime options.  Do I have the correct app?

A traditional chime?

Or one of the Arlo chimes???

Did you install the power kit?  Also make sure the switch is in the "O" position.

Garlaone
Aspirant
Aspirant

My original analogue chime did not work so I bought a new analogue chime.  Yes, power kit fitted set at zero.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Garlaone wrote:

My original analogue chime did not work so I bought a new analogue chime.  Yes, power kit fitted set at zero.

Did you set up the chime in the app when you installed the doorbell?  Look in "chime settings" in the device settings for the doorbell.

If if you didn't, then  I think you need to remove the doorbell from the account and install it again.

Garlaone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply.  Currently the app on my phone only shows "chime not connected" with no options to configure.  There is a voltage across the chime box so I think it is connected to the door bell. Are you saying the app will allow me to configure the chime if I reinstall the doorbell?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Garlaone wrote:

Are you saying the app will allow me to configure the chime if I reinstall the doorbell?

Yes.

Garlaone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help.  I'll give it a go.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation