Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Doorbell camera not available with new alarm system

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I now have the new Arlo security System in addition to the 3 ultra cameras and wireless doorbell camera. Once I installed the new alarm system the geofencing no longer works (already posted) but also, the doorbell isn’t an option I can add as a rule to the standby and arm home modes. It's only under arm away mode.   Now I have an expensive doorbell camera that I can only utilize when I'm away from home. If I'm home no one can ring the doorbell or I can't see packages delivered while I'm at home or even arm home mode. 

please please tell me how to fix this. I have a dog and mainly use arm home mode while I'm at work or I'm away and she's home and now I have no awareness outside my door. An expensive item that no longer serves me not even as a doorbell. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update has been released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I found I had to remove my doorbells from my hub and connect them to my WiFi. They then work properly. I hope a future firmware/app update will fix this.

WBarnes
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I followed your step and now my doorbell is working again. It even shows up in the security system and I can access it. I am still not receiving push notifications from my cameras. Any ideas on this? It was working fine until I installed the security system. Everything is turned on in my phone and in the app.  I have even added the action to send notification. I'm at a loss. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks. I'll try it, but I believe initially I didn't connect it through wifi because it didn't work, but it also works better overall if connected to the hub.

As of now, both features that I use the most are no longer available. I want to be able to use the geofencing again, and the ability to add the doorbell to any mode as a rule should be baseline.  Even under feed tab > settings> event types > all are selected...and devices tab> does include the doorbell option, and it's turned on ...but no doorbell activity is shown on feed, and no activity at doorbell is recorded. All I can do with the doorbell is click it to see things live. 

Initially, I stated that you could only add doorbell as a rule under Arm Away mode, but that's gone now too. 

I love Arlo. Please fix this. My door is in a high-traffic area, and packages have been stolen in the past. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@WBarnes wrote:

Thank you. I followed your step and now my doorbell is working again. It even shows up in the security system and I can access it. I am still not receiving push notifications from my cameras. Any ideas on this? It was working fine until I installed the security system. Everything is turned on in my phone and in the app.  I have even added the action to send notification. I'm at a loss. 

Push notifications are set in your Routines. Click on Routines and ensure Modes is selected (underlined). Click on the 3 dot menu (top right) and then the gear icon on a routine. Edit the rule for a camera and ensure Send Notification is set properly. If that doesn't help try turning notifications off and back on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mbambi28 wrote:

Thanks. I'll try it, but I believe initially I didn't connect it through wifi because it didn't work, but it also works better overall if connected to the hub.

As of now, both features that I use the most are no longer available. I want to be able to use the geofencing again, and the ability to add the doorbell to any mode as a rule should be baseline.  Even under feed tab > settings> event types > all are selected...and devices tab> does include the doorbell option, and it's turned on ...but no doorbell activity is shown on feed, and no activity at doorbell is recorded. All I can do with the doorbell is click it to see things live.

I want mine connected to my hub, too, but WiFi is what works for now.

With the doorbell connected to WiFi you can add it to any mode - I did it yesterday to all 3 modes. That means it works with GF, too. 

Try following the steps I posted above to verify that you can or can't edit modes and add rules. FWIW, I occasionally find I have to kill the new app to get it to work properly so try that, too.

MelBe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, opened case with support over two weeks ago and was getting no where. Thought about deleting and adding using WiFi but really wanted to use Base Station for better performance.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Is this being addressed? I can’t add my doorbell to any of the alarm modes, and if i disconnect it from the hub and connect it to just Wi-Fi it doesn’t work (signal too weak). I still have no awareness outside, and an expensive video doorbell that I can’t use. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is actively investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information to share with the community.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update has been released that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation