Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I am considering getting an Carlo doorbell but I am confused about the subscription cost. I already have 1 ultra carom on an elite plan and the CVR plan so I currently pay $15 a month. If I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay for a multiple camera plan, up to 5 cameras? That would double my monthly cost. Can I keep my current plan and add the doorbell and subscribe to the $2.99 or $4.99 plan for the doorbell?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

Thank you for your response. On the elite plan I currently pay $4.99 for 1 camera but if I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay the $14.99 for the elite "up to 5 cameras plan?"

I believe you can add a second individual camera subscription, but I haven't tried that.  @JamesC can confirm.

You only need Premier for the doorbell, as it isn't 4K.

One thing you can certainly do is set up the doorbell on a different account, and use "friend" access to let you see both cameras from either account.  You'd lose the ability to cross-trigger (e.g. tell the ultra to record when the doorbell senses motion).  But with CVR on the Ultra, that's unlikely to be a concern.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Elite plan allows up to 5 cameras so the doorbell can simply be added to that plan once the trial period is over (or cancel the trial and go straight to the subscription).

Mpscott00
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. On the elite plan I currently pay $4.99 for 1 camera but if I add a doorbell am I going to have to pay the $14.99 for the elite "up to 5 cameras plan?"

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mpscott00 wrote:

I believe you can add a second individual camera subscription, but I haven't tried that.  @JamesC can confirm.

You only need Premier for the doorbell, as it isn't 4K.

One thing you can certainly do is set up the doorbell on a different account, and use "friend" access to let you see both cameras from either account.  You'd lose the ability to cross-trigger (e.g. tell the ultra to record when the doorbell senses motion).  But with CVR on the Ultra, that's unlikely to be a concern.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I didn't pay close enough attention to the OP where it's stated that a single camera sub is in use - I ass-u-me-d that it was the 5 camera Elite plan which was the basis for my response.

So, to add emphasis, you would have two single camera plans. As noted above the doorbell can't do 4k so Elite would be overkill unless you want the 30 day video storage. The Premier single camera plan would be sufficient for many cases.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation