Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Angelah120
Aspirant
Aspirant
The past two or three day I am getting motion alerts on my video doorbell but when I go to view them in the library there is nothing there. I also have two other cameras but they are not doing this just the doorbell. Is anyone else having this issue? Or know how to fix it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All cameras newer than the Pro 2s require a subscription to record to the cloud. If the doorbell is connected to your base/hub local storage can be activated so you have those recordings without a subscription.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Lorinda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same!! How do we get recordings now?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Has the trial subscription expired?

Angelah120
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it has on all my cameras
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All cameras newer than the Pro 2s require a subscription to record to the cloud. If the doorbell is connected to your base/hub local storage can be activated so you have those recordings without a subscription.

Angelah120
Aspirant
Aspirant
I put it on my smart hub and still nothing in the library. I am guessing since my trial is up it will not store unless I pay monthly. If I would have known this I would not have bought it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Angelah120 wrote:
I am guessing since my trial is up it will not store unless I pay monthly. If I would have known this I would not have bought it.

Yes, as I said it requires a subscription for cloud storage.  FWIW, that is printed on the box (twice I think).

Frank2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this same issue with the video doorbell. I don’t care about cloud storage but would like the videos to be stored in the hub library like the other cameras. Can’t I do that without a subscription?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Frank2,

By default, Arlo devices are set up to store content to the cloud. To utilize local storage, you must set it up. For more information, take a look here: How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo base station?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation