Door bell not working with traditional chime now

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ecarp2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have had my Arlo system with wired doorbell for over a year now, and suddenly the doorbell has stopped ringing my traditional chime when the button is pushed. The chimebox has power, as it’s connected to another traditional button on another door. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it. 

8 REPLIES 8
LaMW
Aspirant
Aspirant

This might help:

I assume your two doorbell button location are wired parallel, meaning shorting/connecting (which the button does) the two wires at either door will ring the doorbell

These instructions may be worth revisiting:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062315

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ecarp2: Is one doorbell connected to front and transformer at the chime, with the other doorbell connected to rear and transformer?

Or are they wired differently?

Ecarp2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, one wired to front and one to rear to transformer. Ive tried removing the doorbell from the base station and resyncing with no luck. No idea why the front just stopped working 

LaMW
Aspirant
Aspirant

At the Arlo location have you tried touching the original doorbell wires together (simulating the function of a standard doorbell button) to test if the doorbell circuit at that location works?  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ecarp2 wrote:

Yes, one wired to front and one to rear to transformer. Ive tried removing the doorbell from the base station and resyncing with no luck. No idea why the front just stopped working 

Have you checked that the powerkit switch isn't in the "X" position?

If it is set to "O", you might still try briefly disconnecting the powerkit, and see if the behavior changes.

Ecarp2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just checked, they are connected to the same transformer 

Ecarp2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have turned it off and on with no luck

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ecarp2 wrote:

Have turned it off and on with no luck

If you reverse the doorbell connections at the chime, does the problem stay with the doorbell, or does it move to the other doorbell?

Did you try removing the powerkit as a test?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation