Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
muns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is it possible to have the new Arlo Door bell automatically display the video when the door bell is pressed?

11 REPLIES 11
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

muns,

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

deanrussell40
Tutor
Tutor
Is it possible that when the door bell is pressed the video from a camera automatically display on google hub screen.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not as of right now. Google/Nest Home will only allow live streaming. I don't know if the doorbell can be added to Google Home but it doesn't sound like it based on JamesC's reply.

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@deanrussell40  @muns  @jguerdat 

As of last week, Arlo Video Doorbell is now supported by Google Home!  You can call up live video streams and receive notifications and announcements of a doorbell press.  Just need to link your Arlo account with your Google Home account.

muns
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Neal.  I have resynced and still see no difference in my google hub.  can you share some details on how you got this sync to work.  Pressing door bell and seeing video on the google display is a real big thing and I am sure many will appreciate this info like me.  Thank you again.

deanrussell40
Tutor
Tutor

That's great , but what about also having the live feed come on the google display when the button is pressed. that's more important 

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@deanrussell40   Our development team continues to work on adding new features and capabilities with each of our integrated smart home partners.  Will keep you posted on  developments when we have new features to announce.

Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@muns   I'll have someone from our team reach out to you directly to collect your account email so that we can help you more directly.  Does the Arlo Video Doorbell show up as a connected device within your Google Assistant app?

For now, we do not support the video automatically appearing on doorbell press  At this time Google devices support spoken announcements when the doorbell button is pressed and the ability to pull up live-streams.

One important note, if you are encountering issues with calling up the live stream, try adjusting your Arlo Video Doorbell resolution to 1080 or 720, from within the Video Settings section of the Video Doorbell device settings in the Arlo app.  Some devices have had issues with the defaul 1536x1536 video resolution.

deanrussell40
Tutor
Tutor
Any further development on having the video stream on google hub from door bell press yet.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlo Video Doorbell works with Google Assistant to help control and monitor your home using your voice. The Arlo Video Doorbell is designed to show what traditional doorbells can’t, capturing a person from head to toe. With Google Assistant, you can automatically receive notifications whenever the doorbell is pressed. At any time, you can ask “Hey Google, show me the front door” to live stream video from your Arlo doorbell directly to your Nest Hub or Nest Hub Max.

deanrussell40
Tutor
Tutor
I understand that. But when will a door bell press activate the video on google hub.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation