Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
TracyN
Tutor
Tutor

I have an Arlo Chime 2 which I bought to use with my Arlo doorbell. It's plugged in on the wall inside the house where the door bell is situated. However there is often (not always) a delay of up to 1-2 mins between when the doorbell is pressed and when the chime rings. There is no such delay on our phone notification. We have tried reinstalling the chime, turning the power on and off, and relocating the chime to another area of the house. Occasionally turning the power on and off seems to 'reset' it and it works better next time, but the effect doesn't last very long.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TracyN,

How often have you had this happen? Is there anything consistent about when you notice this (same time of day, when another device on your network is active, etc.)?

JamesC

TracyN
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James, no there's no rhyme or reason to this as far as I can tell - it's completely random and happens at all times of day.  No pattern around device usage, sometimes it happens when I'm home by myself either in the garden or working from home, and sometimes when everyone is home on their devices.  We have pretty good internet access - I have a CAT6 network and well as a mesh system for the wifi.  All parts of the home receive good internet/wifi connection, super fast broadband etc. so if it was to do device usage, the chime would be the only thing in the home that gets affected.  Also the various Arlo cameras are working when the issue happens (we have them all over the home but they wouldn't be actively detecting when the doorbell rings as we only switch them on at night/when we are away - apart from the doorbell which is alway on)

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation