Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Constantly signing into the apps

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
markcrim
Initiate
Initiate

I would like to be able to monitor the doorbell camera on Windows, say, in a Chrome tab. But the arlo.com site times out, and I find myself having to log in constantly. Can't there be a setting to stay logged in, even if only for two weeks or something? It's absurd. Same for the android app. I don't want to log in every time.

Makes the thing just a pretend security device for us, to be frank.

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The web client will time out as a security issue. No way around it. The app can be backgrounded so you're not logged out and you'll get notifications as expected. I haven't tried keeping the app open all the time so can't comment on whether something occurs like the web client. Additionally, use of live view will always time out to preserve battery, even if AC powered.

Is there a reason the app or web has to be open all the time as opposed to using notifications to check on things?

markcrim
Initiate
Initiate

A cam app is hardly more of a "security issue" than email, calendar, password manager, etc., etc., etc., programs that manage to remember that it's okay to stay authenticated on a certain browser for a certain, extended period. So that's crap, I'm sorry.

I also think it's silly that an AC-powered cam has to time out to save battery. Are there no engineers in Carlsbad?

I live in San Francisco and I don't want my phone constantly bothering me.

I will not recommend Arlo to my neighbors.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation