• 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dukem67
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having trouble Connecting to a
Orbi (netgear) satellite.
Connects to the router no problem but doesn’t even to see the satellite.
Any help would be much appreciated, if only to keep my sanity!
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried turning off the 5ghz side ?

OR

Set up a guest account on 2.4ghz with no special characters in the PW/SSID

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

Connecting how?

It has to be wired Ethernet.

Can other devices connect?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dukem67 wrote:
Having trouble Connecting to a Orbi (netgear) satellite.
Connects to the router no problem but doesn’t even to see the satellite.

Are you using Orbi in its normal mode (with an Orbi router, and creating a full mesh network)?  If you are, then you just connect to the WiFi network - you aren't connecting to a satellite.

Though maybe I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say.  Perhaps give some more details on what you mean by "connects to the router" but not the satellite.

FWIW, you shouldn't need to disable 5 ghz.  At least I didn't when I installed my doorbell (I use an RBS50 system).

Dukem67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen.

Thanks for your help.

What I need to do is set up a camera on my shed, approx 60 metres away from the hub hence the reason for a mesh network. 

The only item not finding the mesh network is the camera. All my other items, iPad, iPhone etc find and connect to the satellite no problem  ( yes is does just say "orbi" network). The camera will only find and connect to the hub/basestation.

Its as though the network is hidden only to the camera.

Stuart 

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Dukem67 wrote:

What I need to do is set up a camera on my shed, approx 60 metres away from the hub hence the reason for a mesh network. 

The only item not finding the mesh network is the camera.

In my Orbi system, I have no idea which device something connects to. Because it is a Mesh system, everything sees the same thing. All Orbi devices, router and satellite, have the same SSID. That is the point of Mesh.

So how do you know that your other items connect to the satellite?

Adding to the question from @StephenB, is there, by any chance, another router sitting in front of the Orbi? Is that what the camera is trying to connect to?

Like him, I can't foll;ow what is going on at your end.

As this camera is on wifi, have you tried connecting it closer to the Orbi sources? That would confirm that it can connect.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation