Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connection problems

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Vickidimo
Follower
Follower

I was able to get through the instructions up to when to hold the QR code up to the doorbell.  After that, it just says looking for Arlo Video doorbell.  It doesn't advance from there.  Also the door chime does not work.  Do I need something more to make this work?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vickidimo,

Be sure you're entering your SSID and password correctly and try again. Do you still experience the same behavior?

JamesC

Dissatisfied_Z
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem so I'll tag along. The answer is yes. I have reset and re-added the SSID and password multiple (like 20 now) times. I get the flashing light for about five seconds and hold the phone in front of the camera. I've moved it in and out starting at four inches, then six, then eight, then gave up. I've clean the camera face, put my finger over the IR LED (got a noise and a red light), and nothing. I've tried a flashlight for more light, moving back and forth on front of the area to change the available light. Nothing. I am very close to returning all my products. Patience is waning.

Dissatisfied_Z
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally got what I assume is the proper chime (No idea what it sounds like - a recording of it somewhere we can listen to it would be nice) but still no doorbell found. Tomorrow I'm going to connect it right next to my router and see what happens.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A chime indicates the QR was recognized. If no doorbell was found after the chime, this could mean the SSID/Password was entered incorrectly (must be identical characters/case sensitive) or the doorbell was too far from the router to maintain connectivity.

JamesC

Dissatisfied_Z
Aspirant
Aspirant

Turns out the solution was something I should have known. I'd been through this years ago for a client who swore that when they stuccoed their house no chicken wire was used. In my search for an answer I spotted an area that had been broken off and saw the wire. Ran a cat5 around the outside of the house to get past the problem. There were three walls with stucco and wire blocking the signal. No way was it getting through.

So here's something to check about with posters: "Is your house stucco?" If the answer is yes then the first thing to do is connect any of the products inside the house so the chicken wire in the stucco doesn't screw up the signal.

I did this with the doorbell, hub, and chime and they all worked after putting the doorbell back outside. I am going to do the same with the two cameras I have.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation