Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
My video doorbell keeps going offline. Router and doorbell are really close to eachother. So that cannot be the problem. Any idea what the issue can be?
10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any other wireless devices near the doorbell? WHat is the rating of the doorbell transformer? Have you measured the voltage at the doorbell?

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did not have any problems before.
What do you mean with the rating of the doorbell?
And no I did not measured the voltage at the doorbell.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jamesdean1974 wrote:
What do you mean with the rating of the doorbell?

The rating of the transformer.  There are two relevant specs - voltage (V) and power (could be W or VA).  Both should be printed on the transformer.

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
I will check it later. But everything was okay untill a couple of weeks ago. There has been made any changes.
Squint350g
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to my doorbell. Took for ever for Arlo to give me a replacement. And now, after a few months of working, the second one is not keeping its connection. I do all the steps they said to remove, reset, and reinstall, and it will still lose connection. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Squint350g,

How strong is the signal strength for the doorbell? How far is it from your router?

JamesC

Yaoming
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. It was working fine until 3/2, since then it's not been able to connect to base. I tried to remove and add back, now it can not be found. The doorbell rings and LED flashes white as expected.

Jamesdean1974
Apprentice
Apprentice
Would be nice if we would receive an answer from Arlo…..
Yaoming
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't realize they are now not supporting via online chat, only suggesting to search the knowledge base and community unless you buy subscription. Essentially they don't support their products unless you pay extra. This is ridiculous. I am going to return the doorbell to Costco, it's been almost a year now, hopefully they will let me return it.

The other 3 arlo pro 3 cameras are still working. As a matter of fact, I have a camera right above the doorbell at second floor, the signal strength is good, so that's not the cause.

doubler23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Welcome to my world, almost 2.5 years in, 3rd replacement, goes offline and I have to go through the tedious effing wizard to add it back.  On top of that, I get false alerts daily that are outside my activity zone, and the handful of time that I had someone at the door and tried to use the video doorbell for what it is intended it was glitchy (freezing and audio delayed and garbled). I really feel like going to better business bureau.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation