Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connecting video doorbell to hub

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dazlin1
Tutor
Tutor
I refuse to pay for cloud service so Arlo told me I can get a usb and put in my Arlo hub. I did that and everything says the usb is working but I am not able to view the notifications in my library. I have reset everything and made sure it says recording to usb but still doesn’t work.
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What model hub/base? Are you trying to use the app or the web? The web page doesn't give you the ability to see local recordings. The app allows you to see local recordings but not on all bases (needs a VMB4500 or higher) so you may have to eject the drive to see videos on a computer.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

(needs a VMB4500 or higher)

Not the VMB4500.  It needs a VMB4540 or a VMB5000.

Dazlin1
Tutor
Tutor
Come on. Seriously? This video doorbell is worthless to me. I have the 4000 hub. There is 1 catch after another.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dazlin1 wrote:
Come on. Seriously? This video doorbell is worthless to me. I have the 4000 hub. There is 1 catch after another.

The guy in tech support should have told you what bases were needed.  They are listed in the article here: https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

Note I don't work for Arlo - I'm just giving you the info.

Dazlin1
Tutor
Tutor
So I signed up for the $2.99 while working with tech support. It worked perfect for about 20 min. Now neither 1 of my cameras work. Uhg Uhg
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation