Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Connect Video Doorbell to Google Nest Hub

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
brettrpt16
Initiate
Initiate
I recently set up my Arlo Video Doorbell, I got it connected to my Google Home and Google Nest Hub, but when I ask to show my doorbell camera, it says it cannot access Arlo device. Both devices are on the exact same network — they are both on the 2.4 Ghz WiFi.
Does anyone know why I cannot access the live stream of the video on my Google Nest Hub, or my Chromecast?
I have already tried disconnecting and linking the devices again to see if it would fix the issue, but I had no success.
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you live stream from the Arlo app and in your browser from https://my.arlo.com ?

brettrpt16
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, I can connect to the live stream via web browser and the Arlo app.

I talked with customer service yesterday, they mentioned that they still have future updates to fully integrate the video doorbell for Google, Amazon, etc, compatible products.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s a goal of Arlo’s to make as many cameras compatible with these integrations as we can but we don’t have an announcement to make regarding Video Doorbell compatibility at this time.

JamesC

Dean-O-Sour
Initiate
Initiate

I have a similar experience.  There's an Arlo app for Google Assistant.  So, you can add and see the Video Door bell as a device.  But then what?  I'm not even sure what commands to try?  I'm assuming some would be "show the front door" or "answer the front door" (assuming I named the device "front door"), but I know from past experience that assumptions, logic, and reality don't always mix.

Neopheus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looking forward for this upgrade and interactions. I have to returned an Echo Show 5 because it wasn’t compatible with my Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free system, Model: VMB4500r2. I got the Google Nest Home and got better luck with it but encounter the above issue of this thread.
xjpa15z
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I got the Arlo Video Doorbell for Christmas and was trying to find why video stream was not available on Google Home Hub. Have 2 Arlo Pro 2's and they have worked fine for +1 yr, Video Doorbell is too new and has not been integrated yet.

dstar
Aspirant
Aspirant
It would appear in Google Home app the video doorbell is device type: doorbell not device type: camera.

Hopefully this is corrected soon so that I can ask google to show me who is at the front door. For now, I will use the arlo app.
Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation