Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime with Video Doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Rynomag7
Follower
Follower
If anyone working at Arlo checks these posts can you please explain to all of us why would you build a Video Doorbell that doesn’t work with your Chime? This makes absolutely no sense. Is Arlo working on an upgrade? Seems the only solution is to find a mechanical chime, but mine goes off every time someone walks in front of the door when they don’t ring the doorbell. Frustrating.
7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My video doorbell works fine with my Arlo chime. You have to have a base or hub that the chime connects to for this to work.

Bettona
Aspirant
Aspirant

My video-doorbell works fine with the Arlo chime. ( do not use a mech.dingdong) 

Connected de video doorbell with the 2 kabels directly to the trafo. And do not use the powerkit.

And voila it works perfectly.

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

Hi Bettona,

I did the same, connected the video doorbell directly to the 24V trafo., without using the powerkit. And using the Arlo chime. However, I can not connect the Video doorbell to my Base station using the Arlo app.

I purchased my Base station in 2015 together with two cameras.  And during the installation procedure I get the message that the firmware is up to date.  What can I do ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sjef57,

Which model base station are you using? Take a look here for a list of compatible base stations: My Arlo camera is connected directly to my WiFi router; how do I connect it to an Arlo SmartHub or b...

JamesC

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

You state that the Arlo Video Doorbell is not compatible with my VMB3000 Base station. Why is that not clearly specified on your website ? In the VDB “Tech Specs” under “Installation Requirements” there is no list of compatible base stations.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo-video-doorbell/default.aspx#techspecs

And the VMB3000 is still listed in “What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo System”, in combination with Video Doorbell:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062043/What-are-the-minimum-requirements-for-installing-and-using-my-Arlo-sys...

Furthermore you state: “The only way to add the Video Doorbell is separately, but not to base station”.

I followed the installation procedure using the Arlo app, but after recognizing the QR code, followed by a chime signal on the Doorbell the installation procedure stops. The Video Doorbell is not recognized by WiFi directly. Also resetting the Doorbell did not help. The internet speed at the door is more than 40 Mbps. The VDB is powered with 24V.

Maybe a better solution is to exchange the Video Doorbell with the Arlo Audio Doorbell ? The Audio Doorbell seems to be compatible with my VMB3000 Base station. Can you confirm ? And I can use my existing Arlo cam to get the video signal when the Audio doorbell is pressed ?

Bettona
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am suggest to start the whole installation again, from bottom up.

Sorry but thats what I think, i am not an expert so I always try something.

Sjef57
Guide
Guide

I decided to return the Arlo VDB and buy the Eufy doorbell. It has only good reviews

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation