Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m installing my new video doorbell and as soon as I connect the second wire from the transformer, my existing chime (not Arlo Chime) triggers repeatedly. It appears I can install the power kit and set to bypass, but I’d want my existing chime to function. Thoughts on what I might be doing ?

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@monzarottie wrote:

I’m installing my new video doorbell and as soon as I connect the second wire from the transformer, my existing chime (not Arlo Chime) triggers repeatedly. It appears I can install the power kit and set to bypass, but I’d want my existing chime to function. Thoughts on what I might be doing ?

Did you install the AVD1001 or AVD2001 doorbell?

1. Did you install the power kit (not set to bypass)?
  2. What are transformer voltage (vac) and power (usually spec'd as va, but could be watts or amps).

monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have not installed the power kit. Voltage from the transformer is 18v. The Chime unit is a Nicor PRCP2 and states it's compatible with my Arlo AVD1001. 

monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the power kit and it does not pass power to the video doorbell. Regardless of switch setting. 

monzarottie
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apparently the built-in transformer on my chime isn’t high enough voltage to drive both the chime AND Doorbell. Problem should be solved.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@monzarottie wrote:
Apparently the built-in transformer on my chime isn’t high enough voltage to drive both the chime AND Doorbell. Problem should be solved.

What are the transformer/chime specs?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation