Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 gets stuck after selecting WiFi to connect to

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nikoheart
Follower
Follower
Hi there, I'm having issues connecting the Chime 2 to my android OnePlus 8 Pro. It gets to the point where I input the password for the WiFi my Video Doorbell to, and then it tries to reconnect to the Chime 2 Wi-fi, says failed to connect to Arlo_XXXX, so I press Try Again or cancel, and it just gets stuck from there. I do not have another device in order to be able to try this on, but if can help with sync, that would be great
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a little while since I installed the Chime 2 so my memory isn't totally clear but as I recall I had similar issues. The Try Again was needed (or at least that's what I used) but it may be that I then had to manually reconnect to my home WiFi to complete the process.

Mstrsltr
Initiate
Initiate

Having this issue right now.

Chime 2 keeps getting stuck on the “trying to connect this could take up to two minutes” screen.  

I have to say, Arlo has some of the all-time worst product support.  As well as just plain terrible interface design etc.  Every interaction I’ve had with the brand so far has been an exercise in how NOT to run a smart electronics company.  Poor web design, poor instructions, poor customer support, poor communication of every level.  I’m very close to giving up and returning this stuff.

Gripes aside, can anyone clarify how to get around this?

Synoke
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you ever figure out what was the cause? I am having  the same issue after purchasing the Chime 2

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation