Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
jessiepuls
Initiate
Initiate

I have a Chime 2 that I've been trying to get working with my setup, and kept having issues where I would get through the first part of the setup process, and after I entered my network information I would get the orange blinking light for a second, and then it would go back to the white blinking light and timeout/fail after 2 minutes of the app spinning.

I found someone having a similar issue online and they said they set it up on a guest network, so I decided to try that. It worked, so I started messing around to figure out why this would be. It seems like the Chime 2 isn't a fan of SSIDs that have special characters in them (mine has a few)

Is this a known issue? I'm going to continue to use the guest network for the Chime for the time being because I have no interest in updating the rest of the devices in my house to change it. Other Arlo devices don't have this issue, so I would expect the Chime to work similarly.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jessiepuls,

It's possible the special characters are an issue. Which special characters are you using?

JamesC

jessiepuls
Initiate
Initiate
My network name is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It’s definitely the special character’s. I experimented with different names on my guest network to be sure.

As noted above I don’t have any issues with other Arlo devices joining the network, so this bug seems to be specific to the Chime 2.
jrn75
Aspirant
Aspirant

This *absolutely* seems to be the case. I mate a different network and after spending all day fighting with things, I was finally able to get the Chime 2 to connect to a network. 

All I did was take the "-" character (dash) out of the SSID. That's it. 

Unbelievable. 

Thing is that it used to work. I reset things after adding a VMB4500 base station. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation