Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect Arlo doorbell to Google Nest Wifi Case: 41770811

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
RogerWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazon customer review:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2QJZOQZ4O3SNB/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07YM...

From my review:  

I purchased an Arlo Video Doorbell and was very happy with it for about a month. At that point, I switched my old network over to Google Nest mesh wifi.  All of my other 2.4 gHz devices (Blink cameras, Amazon Echos, Amazon Fire TV cubes, Kasa smart light bulbs, and Ooma VOIP telephone service) made the switchover with no problems. Not Arlo. Despite calls (that's calls, plural) to Arlo's customer support line, I was unable to get the darn thing connected to the mesh network.

I tried resetting the doorbell.  No luck.  

I tried removing the doorbell from the Arlo app.  That worked.  Then tried onboarding the doorbell on the app.  Nope.  Tried deleting the app, reinstalling the app  on the phone and onboarding the doorbell.  Nope.

I tried resetting the doorbell with the pin and then onboarding.  Nope.

I tried onboarding using a printed QR code instead of the code produced by the phone.  Nope

I tried changing the network SSID to a single word with no spaces and onboarding.  Nope.

I tried changing the network password to a single word with no spaces.  Nope.

I tried onboarding using a printed QR code with a single word network SSID and network password.  Nope.

I tried using a phone that had only a 2.4gHz connection to the network.  Nope.

Has anyone, anywhere successfully set up Arlo with Google Nest mesh network???  Every single other 2.4 gHz device I havre works fine with it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RogerWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got this thing to work, no thanks to Arlo support which did not even see fit to respond to this post.

What seemed to work: 

Use Arlo piin tool to pop the doorbell off the mounting bracket.

Install Arlo app on phone which has not previously had Arlo installed before.

Throw breaker switch to cut the power.

Press reset button on the back of the Arlo with the pin tool for *30* seconds, not the recommended 15.

Throw breaker switch to restore power.

Press reset button on the back of the Arlo with the pin tool for *30* seconds, not the recommended 15.

From there, follow the prompts on the Arlo phone app, ignoring the instructions on how to wire and install the doorbell's hardware.

Hopefully, the doorbell will now recover from a power outage without the necessity of going through all the rigmarole in the future.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RogerWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally got this thing to work, no thanks to Arlo support which did not even see fit to respond to this post.

What seemed to work: 

Use Arlo piin tool to pop the doorbell off the mounting bracket.

Install Arlo app on phone which has not previously had Arlo installed before.

Throw breaker switch to cut the power.

Throw breaker switch to restore power.

From there, follow the prompts on the Arlo phone app, ignoring the instructions on how to wire and install the doorbell's hardware.

Hopefully, the doorbell will now recover from a power outage without the necessity of going through all the rigmarole in the future.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation